Consigning with us
Please note that we are currently at capacity. Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when we are ready for your closet purge.
CONSIGN YOUR CLOSET
We do things a little differently around here. We want to give your clothes a longer lifespan – and make your life a little easier throughout the process.
Please read the following before scheduling your consignment appointment.
WHAT CAN I CONSIGN?
- We accept contemporary or vintage new, like-new, or lightly-loved women’s and unisex clothing, shoes, handbags, scarves, and hats.
- Garments must be in excellent condition, constructed from quality materials, and freshly laundered.
- We are unable to accept jewellery, damaged goods, or any items not fit for resale.
WE ACCEPT SEASONAL ITEMS DURING THE FOLLOWING MONTHS:
- Spring Items: January-March
- Summer Items: April-June
- Fall Items: August-October
- Winter Items: October-January
WE ACCEPT MANY ITEMS AND BRANDS YEAR ROUND:
- Quality denim
- Locally produced items
- Ethically produced garments
- Patagonia, lululemon, Everlane, Madewell, APC
We are unable to accept designer handbags. Check out Mine & Your’s for consigning your luxury items.
There is a minimum of 10 garments and a maximum of 30 garments per appointment.
HOW DO I CONSIGN MY ITEMS?
Make an appointment to drop off your items for consignment at our office in downtown Vancouver.
Schedule a complimentary pickup of your items within a 10km radius of 207 Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC.
HOW DOES THE CONSIGNMENT PROCESS WORK?
After scheduling your consignment pick-up or drop-off, we will contact you to confirm your time and location and send you an online Consignment Agreement form to sign.
We are able to accept a maximum of 30 garments for appraisal per appointment.
Once we’ve picked up or received your items, they’ll be appraised within 24 hours.
While we wish we could take every item, our studio can only hold so much swag. Each item is appraised for its condition, seasonality, and resale value.
HOW DO I GET REIMBURSED FOR MY ITEMS?
As soon as we’ve appraised your items, we’ll send you an email detailing which items we’re able to take and let you know each accepted garment’s resale value.
Within 24 hours you'll receive 20% cash-back (via e-transfer) and 20% store credit for use online or in-studio. No more waiting for your garment to sell before you get paid out.
Don’t need the extra pocket change? Every time you consign you can choose to donate your 20% cash back to Girlvana Yoga's scholarship fund to provide teen girls with mentorship, yoga and meditation. (It’s as easy as writing "I choose to donate" in the comment section when you confirm your pick up/drop off).
WHAT HAPPENS TO ITEMS YOU AREN’T ABLE TO ACCEPT FOR CONSIGNMENT?
- We’re working to create a longer life for our clothes. There are three available options for your items that we aren’t able to consign:
- You can arrange to pick up your items from our studio within 48 hours of receiving your appraisal email.
- We can donate them on your behalf to one of the organizations we work with in the DTES.
- You can contribute them towards our Up-cycled program. We work with a variety of partners to convert damaged or well-worn items into new goods
We believe in change and this is just the beginning
Every time you consign you can choose to donate your 20% cash back to Girlvana Yoga's scholarship fund to provide the tools of yoga and meditation to teen girls while providing strong mentorship with a raw and heartfelt approach.
To donate your 20% attach the words "I choose to donate" in the comment section when you confirm your pick up/drop off.